Based in United States
Press / Business Contact:
DescriptionBrain&Brain is game dev duo David and Brooke Condolora. Most recently, they developed folktale adventure Burly Men at Sea during their own adventures as nomads and erstwhile farmhands. They’re now based in an old mill in the Ozarks with their indomitable cairn terrier, Oliver Doggins, who inspired their first game and accompanies them on all dog-friendly escapades.
Brain&Brain got its start in 2012, while David was working at Pixar as an assistant editor, and Brooke was an independent designer and web developer. As a creative side project, the two began developing an adventure game inspired by the classics they'd enjoyed playing together over the years. It wasn't long before they fell in love with the medium: a perfect fit for their shared love of storytelling and combined skill set.
Their first game, Doggins, was released in March 2014. David left Pixar that fall to join Brain&Brain full-time, beginning their second game, a folktale adventure called Burly Men at Sea. Released in September 2016, it was an IGF Excellence in Narrative honorable mention (2017), among other honors.
In 2015, they spent time working as nomadic farmhands to supplement Burly Men at Sea’s development costs, then went on to travel the country for the next year and a half. They’ve since set up shop in an old mill in the Ozarks.
Brain&Brain Patreon Intro (Vimeo)
Twitch: Indie MEGABOOTH Live @ PAX Prime 2015 (Twitch)
SIGGRAPH 2015 Interview (YouTube)
Logo & Icon
Selected Awards & Recognition
- "Excellence in Narrative Honorable Mention" - Burly Men at Sea, IGF (2017)
- "Best 2D Visuals Nominee" - Burly Men at Sea, Unity Awards (2016)
- "Best Adventure Game/RPG Finalist" - Burly Men at Sea, Intel Level Up (2016)
- "Gamer's Voice Single Player Award Nominee" - Burly Men at Sea, SXSW (2016)
- "Best Mobile Game Nominee" - Doggins, Indie Prize (2014)
- "Gamer's Voice Award Nominee" - Doggins, SXSW (2014)
- "Episode 137 - Doggins 2: First Blood"
- "Game Design Deep Dive: The folktale structure of Burly Men at Sea"
- "A Closer Look At The Beautiful Art And Animation Of Burly Men At Sea"
Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Interview: Brooke Condolora of Brain&Brain"
- "Brain&Brain, la aventura de ser indie dev y nómada"
- "Podcast Episode 59: Our Beliefs Should Come Out Naturally"
- "Interview: Brooke Condolora, Brain&Brain"
- "The Thinker(s): A Peek Behind the Brains Developing the Upcoming 2D Adventure Burly Men at Sea"
Made with Unity
- "Interview: Doggins Creator Brain&Brain Talks Burly Men at Sea"
Grab It Magazine
- "Episode 166: Brain&Brain"
- "Doggins: An Interview with Brain&Brain"
Artistry in Games